Zhengzhou becomes first Chinese city to fully launch face-scanning metro check-in service
Instead of using a metro card or scanning a QR code on mobile phones, commuters in Zhengzhou can have their face scanned and the fare automatically deducted from a registered account starting from December 3.
In September, Zhengzhou began providing face-scanning check-in service along the entire Metro Line 1 and the first section of Line 14 to give passengers a better experience of quick pass access.
Now the service has been expanded to cover all metro lines.
By logging into Zhengzhou Metro's official APP and follow instructions to complete the face authentication, commuters can scan their faces to enter the subway and the fare will be automatically deducted via a pre-set payment method.
Zhengzhou, capital of C China's Henan, has become the nation's first to apply facial recognition technology at all its metro stations, Zhengzhou Metro said on Tue. An average 10,000 commuters will pay metro fares by scanning their faces every day. pic.twitter.com/HGtWVAy3Qn— People's Daily, China (@PDChina) December 3, 2019
Now nearly 200,000 passengers have embraced the technology in Zhengzhou, and an average 10,000 commuters are paying metro fares by scanning their faces every day.
A number of Chinese cities, including Shenzhen, Jinan, Shanghai and Nanjing have used facial recognition technology on some of their metro lines.
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- AIOU to enroll students for short courses till February 2104:45 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019