LNG import scam: NAB files reference against Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Miftah Ismail and others
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s premier anti-graft watchdog has filed a reference against former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbassi and his finance minister Miftah Ismail in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) import contract case.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday moved the corruption reference to the Islamabad Accountability Court in LNG case after a former secretary of the petroleum ministry became an approver in the case.
A company, according to the reference, was provided benefit worth over Rs21 billion through the contract, and former Pakistan State Oil (PSO) managing director Sheikh Imranul Haq played a key role in the deal.
“Over Rs 47 billion loss to the national exchequer would be caused by the company and additional burden of over Rs 68 billion was on the masses in 15 years through gas bills,” said the reference.
It also pointed out that the names of all nine suspects were placed on Exit Control List (ECL).
NAB arrests ex-PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi from Lahore 02:23 PM | 18 Jul, 2019
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau on Thursday took former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi into custody ...
Following the reference’s submission, the accountability court extended judicial remand of Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and Miftah Ismail. Abbasi, who was arrested from Lahore in July this year, was also allowed to meet his family.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 86 awarded 55-year jail sentences08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019