NAB freezes properties owned by Shehbaz Sharif, his sons over corruption offence
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday issued orders to freeze various properties owned by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and his two sons in multiple cities, citing offences of corruption
The orders issued by the anti-graft watchdog will remain in place for 15 days, a period during which an application will be submitted to an accountability court for confirmation.
The former Punjab chief minister, Hamza Shehbaz and Suleman Shehbaz have been accused of acquiring assets beyond their means and committed money laundering.
According to NAB, it found that Shehbaz acquired several properties — that have now been frozen — in the name of his wives Nusrat Shehbaz and Tehmina Durrani in Lahore, Abbottabad and Haripur. Hamza and Salman also acquired several properties in Lahore and Chiniot, which have now been frozen by NAB, Dawn News reported.
According to the bureau, it has "reasonable grounds for believing" that Shehbaz, and his sons were involved in "offences of corruption and corrupt practices".
- PM Imran felicitates China on 71st founding anniversary08:29 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Here is complete process to apply online for Punjab Rozgar Scheme08:02 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Dilip Kumar gets emotional over Pakistan's decision of restoring his ...05:58 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan lodges protest with India for latest ceasefire violation ...05:57 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- NAB arrests son of PPP's late Amin Fahim for corruption05:54 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Shaam Idrees introduces his eldest daughter Dua Idrees04:37 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020