NAB freezes properties owned by Shehbaz Sharif, his sons over corruption offence
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday issued orders to freeze various properties owned by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and his two sons in multiple cities, citing offences of corruption
The orders issued by the anti-graft watchdog will remain in place for 15 days, a period during which an application will be submitted to an accountability court for confirmation.
The former Punjab chief minister, Hamza Shehbaz and Suleman Shehbaz have been accused of acquiring assets beyond their means and committed money laundering.
According to NAB, it found that Shehbaz acquired several properties — that have now been frozen — in the name of his wives Nusrat Shehbaz and Tehmina Durrani in Lahore, Abbottabad and Haripur. Hamza and Salman also acquired several properties in Lahore and Chiniot, which have now been frozen by NAB, Dawn News reported.
According to the bureau, it has "reasonable grounds for believing" that Shehbaz, and his sons were involved in "offences of corruption and corrupt practices".
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- FM Qureshi reaffirms Pakistan's unflinching support to Palestinians ...03:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021