Custodian of Sargodha shrine handed death sentence for killing 20 people
SARGODHA - An Anti-Terrorism Court on Tuesday awarded death sentence on twenty counts to the custodian of a shrine and his three accomplices for a massacre occurred at the holy place around two years ago.
Pir Abdul Waheed along with his followers killed as many as 20 people including women using machetes and batons after intoxicating them at the shrine of Ali Ahmed Gujjar in Sargodha in April 2017.
The court also ordered to confiscate the properties of Waheed and his accomplices.
The case against the killer was lodged by the state and nobody from the area was willing to go against the custodian.
The 50-year-old man had confessed to murdering the innocent people, saying the deceased might come to kill him, according to the police.
Waheed initially served as an employee of Election Commission of Pakistan in Lahore and came to Sargodha to take charge as custodian of the shrine soon after it was completed.
- PM Imran felicitates China on 71st founding anniversary08:29 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Here is complete process to apply online for Punjab Rozgar Scheme08:02 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Dilip Kumar gets emotional over Pakistan's decision of restoring his ...05:58 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan lodges protest with India for latest ceasefire violation ...05:57 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- NAB arrests son of PPP's late Amin Fahim for corruption05:54 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Shaam Idrees introduces his eldest daughter Dua Idrees04:37 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020