Zardari approaches IHC seeking bail on medical grounds
ISLAMABAD - Former president Asif Ali Zardari has filed bail plea in Islamabad High Court on medical grounds.
Earlier, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, accompanied by his sisters Bakhtawar and Aseefa, had announced that the party will submit bail plea for Zardari on medical grounds.
Bilawal added, “Though it was a difficult task to convince him to file a bail, Aseefa managed to convince him. We have hope that we will get justice”.
Asif Ali Zardari is currently under treatment at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS).
Earlier this month, an accountability court had dismissed a plea seeking permission to move Zardari to Karachi for medical treatment.
In June, Zardari was arrested after his bail application was rejected in connection with a money laundering case.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019