Zardari approaches IHC seeking bail on medical grounds
ISLAMABAD - Former president Asif Ali Zardari has filed bail plea in Islamabad High Court on medical grounds.
Earlier, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, accompanied by his sisters Bakhtawar and Aseefa, had announced that the party will submit bail plea for Zardari on medical grounds.
Bilawal added, “Though it was a difficult task to convince him to file a bail, Aseefa managed to convince him. We have hope that we will get justice”.
Asif Ali Zardari is currently under treatment at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS).
Earlier this month, an accountability court had dismissed a plea seeking permission to move Zardari to Karachi for medical treatment.
In June, Zardari was arrested after his bail application was rejected in connection with a money laundering case.
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021