Babar Azam retains top spot in ICC T20 rankings
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan ace batsman Babar Azam has retained the top position as well as his aggregate of 879 points in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Twenty20 Player Rankings, released Monday.
For Pakistan, experienced players Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez have also advanced to 45th and 71st positions, respectively, after slamming a half-century each in the three-match series against Bangladesh. Babar, the third Pakistan batsman to score a half-century in the series, has retained the top position, said a press release issued here.
Left-arm fast bowler Shaheen Afridi has moved up from 72nd to 39th position with two wickets in the series, which the home side won 2-0, with one match abandoned, to retain the top rank in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s T20 Team Rankings.
Lokesh Rahul leads a pack of India players who have shot up the Rankings after their team stormed to a 5-0 series win in New Zealand.
Rahul’s series topping aggregate of 224 runs has lifted him four places to a career best-equaling second place while Rohit Sharma (up three places to 10th), Shreyas Iyer (up 63 places to 55th) and Manish Pandey (up 12 places to 58th) are others advancing in the latest rankings update that also includes the Pakistan-Bangladesh series.
Indian captain Virat Kohli has retained his ninth position with 105 runs from four matches. The story is similar for the India bowling attack as Jasprit Bumrah has gained 26 places to reach 11th position, Yuzvendra Chahal has advanced 10 places to 30th and Shardul Thakur’s eight wickets in the series have lifted him 34 places to 57th position. Navdeep Saini (up 25 places to 71st) and Ravindra Jadeja (up 34 places to 76th) have also moved up.
New Zealand captain Kane Williamson’s 160 runs in the series have taken him from 23rd to 16th position while Tim Seifert (73rd to 34th) and Ross Taylor (50th to 39th) have also made notable gains in the batsmen’s list. Leg-spinner Ish Sodhi has advanced six places to 13th among bowlers.
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal, who top-scored in the series with an aggregate of 104 runs, has gained 11 slots to reach 50th position. Al Amin-Hossain is at 51st position among bowlers after gaining 25 places.
- 'Modern challenges to UN peacekeepers require cohesive actions by ...08:26 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 7 killed in Quetta's Shara-e-Iqbal road blast05:49 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Enablers set up very first Incubation Center in UMT05:13 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Aam Aadmi Party’s big victory over Modi’s BJP is not really that ...04:40 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019