Seven of a family killed in Pakistan in Afghan mortar attack
PESHAWAR - Seven people were killed after a mortar shell fired from Afghanistan targeted a house in Bajur, a tribal district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, on Sunday.
The dead have been identified as a members of a same family including three children, three women and one man. The house of deceased villager Fazal Ghani which is located in Batwaar Bangro village, was completely destroyed in the attack.
According to police, all the victims died on the spot and their bodies were recovered with the help of the villagers.
A government official said that the mortar was fired from Kuna province of Afghanistan.
Earlier in the last week, Pakistani authorities briefly closed the Torkham border after a mortar attack from the Afghan side in border area.
Officials said a projectile fired from across the Afghan border landed and exploded at an open space near Iqbal checkpost on the Torkham border. However, the blast caused no damage.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019