Demand for increase in parliamentarians’ salaries inappropriate: NA Speaker
ISLAMABAD - Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser said the demand of increase in salaries and perks of members of the Parliament at this moment of time was inappropriate.
He said the country was going through financial crisis and the prevailing situation did not commensurate even thinking of raise in salaries, a press release received here said.
Qaiser said the government inherited various challenges out of which the glaring one was the dilapidated financial condition.
He said under the wise leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan the country was being steered out of that crunch.
The Speaker expressed his optimism that Pakistan had immense potential thus economic outlook of the country would be transformed.
He advised the legislators to demand such things once the economic situation of the country could sustain the same.
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020