Demand for increase in parliamentarians’ salaries inappropriate: NA Speaker
ISLAMABAD - Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser said the demand of increase in salaries and perks of members of the Parliament at this moment of time was inappropriate.
He said the country was going through financial crisis and the prevailing situation did not commensurate even thinking of raise in salaries, a press release received here said.
Qaiser said the government inherited various challenges out of which the glaring one was the dilapidated financial condition.
He said under the wise leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan the country was being steered out of that crunch.
The Speaker expressed his optimism that Pakistan had immense potential thus economic outlook of the country would be transformed.
He advised the legislators to demand such things once the economic situation of the country could sustain the same.
- AIOU declares results of BS programs semester autumn 201905:25 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Gold prices reach Rs96,300 per tola in Pakistan04:36 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- HBL PSL 2020 action shifts to Rawalpindi from Tuesday03:41 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Tranquil Dawn is AkzoNobel’s Color of the Year for 202003:35 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Ali Zafar drops hint at releasing a new song for PSL 202012:36 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Do we hear wedding bells for Sajal Aly, Ahad Raza Mir?12:23 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019