18 tourists dead, 30 injured in Germany bus inferno
Thirty people escaped the fire, some critically injured. But 18 people went missing and feared dead after flames engulfed the tour bus that crashed on the A9 motorway in southern Germany.
A fire service spokesman said it was unlikely that any of the 18 missing could have survived. Police say the tourists were Germans from Saxony.
The A9 motorway was blocked, Daily Star reported.
There were 46 passengers and two drivers on the bus, which was burning fiercely when firefighters arrived at the scene.
Rescue helicopters joined emergency workers at the scene.
It is not yet clear what caused the collision. Traffic was reportedly moving slowly at the time.
A police spokesman in Bayreuth said: "We have to assume that it was a very serious traffic accident.
“The fate of the other passengers is currently the subject of police action on the ground.”
More updates to follow
- Pakistan, West Indies to face each other in 2nd T20I today03:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani-American Khizr Khan to head top religious freedom body in US02:40 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan condemns India’s politicization of cricket after BCCI ...01:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021