I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on Wednesday imposed a temporary ban on an online game, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) after three boys committed suicide in Lahore in June due to it.
A statement issued by the PTA said that it has received numerous complaints against PUBG wherein it is stated that the game “is addictive, wastage of time and poses a serious negative impact on the physical and psychological health of the Children".
The regulatory body further said that the decision has been taken on complaints lodged by citizens and media reports about cases of “suicide attributed to PUBG game".
Consequently, host and YouTuber Waqar Zaka shared in his latest video that he will be filing a petition in the Sindh High Court to revoke the ban on PUBG, be it a momentary ban or a permanent one.
According to Zaka this decision has been made by those who wish to "prevent the youth of Pakistan from excelling in e-sports." He went on to say that this move is made by the people who do not want the e-commerce field to evolve in Pakistan.
He also reminded his followers of when he file a court case in 1997 to alter the computer book being taught in schools and stressed that the same action must be taken for the current situation.
He also condemned how earning from Facebook is still not a legal thing in our country.
Lastly, he discussed that banning everything that the authorities fail to control is not the solution to the problem. Instead of expelling the activity the government should work on its incompetencies.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020