Citizens travelling aboard to get Moderna vaccine: Asad Umar
ISLAMABAD – Moderna vaccine will help citizens intending to travel abroad for work and study to countries that are only accepting some specific Covid vaccines, Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar said Saturday.
Taking it to Twitter, the NCOC Chief said US President Joe Biden's progressive policy on Covid-19 is appreciated. ‘Received 2.5 million doses of Moderna sent by US govt. This will [be administered to] particularly those who have to travel for work or study to countries which are only accepting certain vaccines’, the tweet reads.
Recieved 2.5 million doses of moderna sent by US govt. This will particularly those those who have to travel for work or study to countries which are only accepting certain vaccines . @POTUS @JoeBiden progressive policy on covid is much appreciated @SecBlinken— Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) July 3, 2021
The statement from the ruling party leader comes following the shipment of 2.5 million doses of the Moderna Covid vaccine from the US via the COVAX global vaccine initiative and UNICEF.
‘The United States Mission to Pakistan is pleased to share these safe and effective vaccines with the people of Pakistan,’ said US Embassy Chargé d’affaires Angela P. Aggeler. She added that ‘these vaccines will save lives and help Pakistan emerge from this crisis, which has devastated so many families and communities in both our countries. A vaccinated public will also help bring back the economic and social interactions.’
It further added that the US has already delivered nearly US$50 million in COVID assistance through their partnership with the Pakistani government in addition to the vaccine received today.
Pakistan receives 2.5 million Moderna vaccine ... 05:28 PM | 2 Jul, 2021
Pakistan received on Friday a consignment of 2.5 million doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine donated by the United ...
Since the start of the inoculation drives in different countries, hundreds of overseas Pakistanis have been stranded here as Saudi Arabia along with some other countries are not accepting certificates of the Chinese-manufactured vaccines while most of the doses in the South Asian country being given are Chinese.
Earlier, Asad Umar warned that Pakistan may be hit by the fourth wave of virus infections if people stopped being cautious. ‘In the absence of strong SOP enforcement and continued strong vaccination program, the fourth wave could emerge in Pakistan in July,’ he tweeted.
Pakistan logs 1,400 new Covid infections, 34 ... 09:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 34 people lost their lives due to the third wave of the novel coronavirus infection while ...
- The Redefined XOS10 Starts the New Journey on Intelligence and Visual ...12:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Govt to name road, building after father of Pakistan’s nuclear ...11:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan draws up contingency plan as TLP resumes march on Islamabad10:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Army’s focus stays on enhancing standard functionality ...10:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Young army officer’s murder remains shrouded in mystery09:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021