Maulana Fazlur Rehman appointed first head of PDM
ISLAMABAD – Jamiat-e-Ulema Islam Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman has been made president of Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), an alliance of all major opposition parties against the incumbent government.
The PDM took the decision in its virtual meeting attended by all member parties.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) suggested the name of Rehman for the position and it was agreed by all parties, including Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).
Following the decision, Fazlur Rehman called for inking a new Misaq-e-Jamhuriat, adding that no party will deviate from it once it is signed.
Earlier, the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) announced to hold its first public gathering in Quetta on October 11.
The PDM was formed at the opposition’s multi parties conference (MPC) earlier this month.
- Minor boy sexually assaulted by prayer leader in Faisalabad11:35 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to reduce prisoners’ sentences on eve of Eid Milad-un-Nabi10:16 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Pakistani fathers to get one-month leave on birth of child09:31 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran gives approval to establish 120 accountability courts08:39 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Nawab Atta Muhammad Khan Memorial Tent pegging tournament concludes08:28 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Expanding the skin colour palette, beauty industry leader celebrates ...03:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- The Weeknd leads American Music Awards nominations02:21 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Sarah Khan's best fashion moments in 'Sabaat'01:49 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020