G20 summit to start in China on Sunday
The theme of the two-day summit will be “Toward an Innovative, Invigorated, Interconnected and Inclusive World Economy”.
China is hopeful to cement its standing as a global power by hosting leaders from the world’s biggest economies, but suspects the West and its allies will try to deny Beijing its rightful place on the international stage.
The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 20 major economies to promote high-level discussion of policy issues pertaining to the promotion of international financial stability.
The members include 19 individual countries—Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India,Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States — along with the European Union (EU).
- Pakistan to host OIC foreign ministers’ meeting on Afghanistan on ...01:53 AM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan President filled with remorse for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021