Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza announces retirement from T20Is
“This (Sri Lanka) is going to be my last T20 series for Bangladesh. I would like to thank BCB, my family and friends, team-mates and coaching staff. I would also like to thank my fans who really supported me in the last 15-16 years,” Mortaza said.
Mortaza has played 52 T20Is and has taken 39 wickets at an economy rate of 8.05, with his best figures of 4/19 coming against Ireland in Belfast in 2012.
In his very first T20 international, which was also Bangladesh’s first ever T20I (against Zimbabwe), Mortaza top-scored with 36 off just 26 balls as the Tigers defeated Prosper Utseya’s men by 43 runs. He also took the all-important wicket of Brendan Taylor to halt Zimbabwe’s chase.
Mortaza has captained Bangladesh in 26 T20Is and won nine.
- 1.2mn doses of Chinese Covid vaccine to reach Pakistan tomorrow03:46 PM | 15 May, 2021
- China becomes second nation to land rover on Mars amid space race02:50 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Lockdown in Punjab likely to extend till May 24: reports02:10 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Covid patient dies 24 hours after rape in Indian hospital01:50 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Met dept. predicts thunderstorms, gusty winds in Karachi, other parts ...01:04 PM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021