Islamabad, Bostan SEZs to be included in CPEC priority list: ECC
The ECC meeting was chaired by Finance Minister Asad Umar.
During the meeting, the Board of Investment (BoI) chairman gave a detailed presentation to the ECC on the development of SEZs in the country and related issues.
The ECC decided that BOI will reduce the time-frame for approval of SEZ applications from 90 days to 45 days.
Further, it would propose certain changes in the SEZ Act to make it more investor-friendly.
The ECC also asked BoI to revisit the requirements for setting up of tourism, IT and health-related entities within SEZs.
CPEC: Rashakai Special Economic Zone to be ... 03:12 PM | 13 Jan, 2019
BEIJING – Rashakai, one of the nine special economic zones prioritised under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor ...
Meanwhile, the ECC directed Petroleum and Power Divisions to devise a roadmap, within 30 days, for the provision of electricity and gas to all industrial estates.
The ECC, in consideration of a proposal submitted by the Ministry of Industries and Production, (MOIP) accorded approval for provision of funds to the tune of Rs. 833 million to Pakistan Machine Tool Factory (PMTF) for payment of employees’ salaries and retirement benefits.
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021