Islamabad, Bostan SEZs to be included in CPEC priority list: ECC
ISLAMABAD – The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet on Monday decided to include Special Economic Zones (SEZs) of Islamabad and Bostan in the list of priority SEZs under China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
The ECC meeting was chaired by Finance Minister Asad Umar.
During the meeting, the Board of Investment (BoI) chairman gave a detailed presentation to the ECC on the development of SEZs in the country and related issues.
The ECC decided that BOI will reduce the time-frame for approval of SEZ applications from 90 days to 45 days.
Further, it would propose certain changes in the SEZ Act to make it more investor-friendly.
The ECC also asked BoI to revisit the requirements for setting up of tourism, IT and health-related entities within SEZs.
CPEC: Rashakai Special Economic Zone to be ... 03:12 PM | 13 Jan, 2019
BEIJING – Rashakai, one of the nine special economic zones prioritised under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor ...
Meanwhile, the ECC directed Petroleum and Power Divisions to devise a roadmap, within 30 days, for the provision of electricity and gas to all industrial estates.
The ECC, in consideration of a proposal submitted by the Ministry of Industries and Production, (MOIP) accorded approval for provision of funds to the tune of Rs. 833 million to Pakistan Machine Tool Factory (PMTF) for payment of employees’ salaries and retirement benefits.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020