COAS Bajwa pays tribute to 1st PMA Long Course veterans
ISLAMABAD – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa Tuesday said the veterans of 1st Pakistan Military academy (PMA) long Course provided pioneer leadership to Pakistan Army.
The COAS was addressing a ceremony organized in the federal capital to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of Reunion of the 1st PMA Long Course. The Reunion was attended by surviving members of the Course and their families.
The Army Chief paid tributes to the veterans of 1st PMA Long Course for their great contributions, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
Gen Bajwa said, "Pakistan Army has established Army Institute of Military History (AIMH), where we are working to preserve our military history and veterans' experiences which should be useful to younger generation of officers."
The officers of 1st PMA Long Course joined PMA in January 1948 and 62 officers were commissioned on February 4, 1950 including Major Aziz Bhatti Shaheed, Nishan-e-Haider.
- Senses leads World Autism Awareness Day02:21 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019