COAS Bajwa pays tribute to 1st PMA Long Course veterans
ISLAMABAD – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa Tuesday said the veterans of 1st Pakistan Military academy (PMA) long Course provided pioneer leadership to Pakistan Army.
The COAS was addressing a ceremony organized in the federal capital to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of Reunion of the 1st PMA Long Course. The Reunion was attended by surviving members of the Course and their families.
The Army Chief paid tributes to the veterans of 1st PMA Long Course for their great contributions, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
Gen Bajwa said, "Pakistan Army has established Army Institute of Military History (AIMH), where we are working to preserve our military history and veterans' experiences which should be useful to younger generation of officers."
The officers of 1st PMA Long Course joined PMA in January 1948 and 62 officers were commissioned on February 4, 1950 including Major Aziz Bhatti Shaheed, Nishan-e-Haider.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020