Pakistan, Malaysia ink three agreements: FM Qureshi
PUTRAJAYA - Pakistan and Malaysia on Tuesday signed three agreements including ‘Treaty of Extradition’ as part of a cooperative law enforcement process between the two countries and to convert close bilateral ties into bilateral economic strategic partnership.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Malaysia's Law Ministerb Liew Vui Keong inked the Treaty at a ceremony witnessed by Prime Minister Imran Khan and Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed, at the PM Office, Putrajaya.
Malaysian premier Mahathir at a joint press conference with Prime Minister Imran Khan said the Treaty "reinforced positive momentum in bilateral relationship by enhancing security and transnational crime cooperation”.
"Any criminal, may it a terrorist or an ordinary criminal, having committed crime in Malaysia and trying to hide in other country with which we have extradition, will not be able to get refuge," he said.
While terming the signed Treaty as an important milestone in cooperation with Malaysian in law enforcement sector Prime Minister Imran Khan mentioned that that a wanted Pakistani criminal involved in a number of murders was extradited from Malaysia even before the signing of Treaty.
The two countries have exchanged views to enhance bilateral cooperation in various sectors, including trade, investment, tourism, engineering and defence.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Pakistan's remittances from Malaysia increased by thirty-five percent during 2018-19 and about 1.55 billion dollars are being transferred to Pakistan.
The Minister said the two sides also exchanged views about the recently held Kuala Lumpur Summit and the Prime Minister emphasized that Pakistan does not want to divide the Muslim Ummah but rather wants to promote economic cooperation among the Muslim countries.
- Dying nurse reveals she swapped 5,000 babies at birth 'for fun'01:52 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Push-ups stunt atop moving car lands Mardan man in jail (VIDEO)01:30 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan decides to start 5-day regular classes of schools from March ...12:45 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Sindh to terminate health workers for refusing Covid-19 vaccine12:25 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Dananeer's ‘Pawri Ho Rai Hai’ dialogue originally belongs to this ...05:30 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Hassan Ali and Chris Gayle shake a leg on the Googly Challenge04:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Indian TikToker turns out to be Shoaib Akhtar’s doppelgänger02:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021