Pakistan, Malaysia ink three agreements: FM Qureshi
PUTRAJAYA - Pakistan and Malaysia on Tuesday signed three agreements including ‘Treaty of Extradition’ as part of a cooperative law enforcement process between the two countries and to convert close bilateral ties into bilateral economic strategic partnership.
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Malaysia's Law Ministerb Liew Vui Keong inked the Treaty at a ceremony witnessed by Prime Minister Imran Khan and Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed, at the PM Office, Putrajaya.
Malaysian premier Mahathir at a joint press conference with Prime Minister Imran Khan said the Treaty "reinforced positive momentum in bilateral relationship by enhancing security and transnational crime cooperation”.
"Any criminal, may it a terrorist or an ordinary criminal, having committed crime in Malaysia and trying to hide in other country with which we have extradition, will not be able to get refuge," he said.
While terming the signed Treaty as an important milestone in cooperation with Malaysian in law enforcement sector Prime Minister Imran Khan mentioned that that a wanted Pakistani criminal involved in a number of murders was extradited from Malaysia even before the signing of Treaty.
The two countries have exchanged views to enhance bilateral cooperation in various sectors, including trade, investment, tourism, engineering and defence.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Pakistan's remittances from Malaysia increased by thirty-five percent during 2018-19 and about 1.55 billion dollars are being transferred to Pakistan.
The Minister said the two sides also exchanged views about the recently held Kuala Lumpur Summit and the Prime Minister emphasized that Pakistan does not want to divide the Muslim Ummah but rather wants to promote economic cooperation among the Muslim countries.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020