Punjab government to take action against substandard fairness creams
LAHORE - Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar on Tuesday directed action against manufactures of substandard fairness creams, as per the media reports.
The Punjab CM, while chairing a meeting here at CM House in Lahore, has approved ‘The Punjab Drug and Cosmetics Amendment Act’, according to which the drug regulatory authority will take action against companies making substandard fairness creams.
During the meeting, CM Usman Buzdar said that previous governments totally failed to take any action against ‘mafia’ selling fake products of cosmetics.
“There is no place for such kind of ‘mafias’ in PM Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government, said CM Usman Buzdar, adding that such people are playing with the health of the nation.
He said that following the approval of the amendment, strict action would be taken against such companies. Last year in July, the minister for climate change, Zartaj Gul Wazir had decided to initiate a crackdown on fairness creams.
Addressing a press conference in the federal capital, the state minister for climate change said various companies in Pakistan are selling cheap fairness creams which are harmful to people’s skin.
She told that her ministry was conducting tests and analysing the ingredients used by companies that manufacture and sell fairness creams across Pakistan.
The ministry, she revealed, found out that only three of the 59 local and international brands of fairness creams were in accordance with the international standards.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020