No extra holidays for late marriage couples in China
In China, all newlyweds are given three days' leave after tying the knot, but those aged above the "late marriage" ages also used to get extra days.
In China, the age of late marriage is fixed by the Marriage Law - 22 for women, and 25 for men.
However, the length of holidays for late marriage couples is quite different in different Chinese cities. In Beijing and Shanghai, late marriage couples can get 10 days off for getting married while the length is 23 days for late marriage couples in Anhui province.
As a result, 2,846 couples said "I do" at the city's marriage registration centers, or about nine times the usual figure, officials at the Shanghai Civil Affairs Bureau said. The rush has nothing to do with the end of the year, but simply the rule change, Yu Weiting, the center's director, told Shanghai Daily.
- Pakistan and IMF fail to strike deal once again under $6bn extended ...09:51 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily coronavirus death toll in three months09:11 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 October 202108:43 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021