Gender equality: Iceland becomes the first country to legitimize equal pay
The legislation has also made Iceland the first country to legalise equal pay.
According to reports, the law became effective on Monday, and applies to all organisations with atleast 25 full time employees.
Companies with more than 250 employees will required certification from government before the end of this year, with smaller companies following suit. Any failure to do so will result in a fine of $500 per day, according to the legislation.
Way to go Iceland!
- Lower Dir’s civil judge suspended for allegedly raping woman10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021