Ali Sadpara becomes first Pakistani to climb Mont Blanc
Renowned Pakistani mountaineer Mohammad Ali Sadpara, along with two other hikers, climbed the highest mountain in the Alps and deadliest in the world, Mont Blanc here on Friday (yesterday).
Mont Blanc is the highest mountain in the Alps and the highest in Europe west of the Caucasus peaks of Russia and Georgia. It rises 4,808 m above sea level and is ranked 11th in the world in topographic prominence.
Mont Blanc stands at 4,808 meters and is considered one of the deadliest peaks in the world. Muhammad Ali ‘Sadpara’ was born in the village of Sadpara near Skardu in Pakistan’s Gilgit Baltistan region in 1977 and has climbed four of Pakistan’s five mountains above 8,000 metres high.
Ali Sadpara is the first Pakistani climber to scale the eighth highest peak of over 8,000 meters of the world. Sadpara, 43, has climbed all five, 8,000-metre high peaks in Pakistan, including K2 (8,611m), Gasherbrum I (8,080m), Gasherbrum II (8,034m), Nanga Parbat (8,126m) and Broad Peak (8,051m).
He is the first Pakistani to have climbed Nanga Parbat in the winter. He also climbed the 8,516-metre Lhotse peak and 8,485-metre Makalu peak in Nepal.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020