PM Imran deplores world's silence over Indian state terrorism
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan said that Indian police is attacking Muslims as part of Modi government's ethnic cleansing.
Sharing a video of Indian police's pogrom against Muslims in Uttar Pradesh on his twitter account, the Prime Minister questioned how long will the world remain silent while the fascist extremist Modi regime indulges in state terrorism?
How long will the world remain silent while the fascist extremist Modi regime indulges in state terrorism? https://t.co/GbIzHtEUlq— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) January 3, 2020
The wave of protests in India against the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act started early last month and has now spread to major cities of the country.
The Amendment benefits Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist, Christian and Parsi refugees from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh. who sought refuge in India before 2015 but it leaves out Muslims.
Protesters see the new law as discriminating against Muslims and as unconstitutional. The protests have resulted in thousands of arrests and more than 27 deaths.
The move is being seen as part of the Indian government's Hindu supremacist agenda in which ethnic and communal engineering plays a key role. India's Muslim minority views it as a potential existential threat, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Prominent human rights activists and intellectuals from India have criticized this controversial act of Indian government who argue it weakens India's secular foundations.
- Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards04:39 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Of the Sellers of Gender Stereotypes04:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- TDAP participating in Argentina textile fair in April03:42 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Four Pakistani students in China get novel coronavirus'03:40 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019