Ebola reappears in Liberia seven days after WHO declares it disease free
MONROVIA (Web Desk) - More than seven weeks after Liberia was declared free of Ebola, a young man was found dead of the disease, according to Liberia's deputy health minister.
Authorities are trying to determine how many people the 17-year-old boy had contact with during the week he was sick and potentially infectious with Ebola. His mother, father and siblings are already under quarantine in their home, said Tolbert Nyenswah, who heads up Liberia's Ebola response.
Nyenswah said there was no need for panic and fear, reported CNN.
The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has a rapid response team on the ground "investigating the circumstances around the case," said CDC spokesman.
It's not clear how the teenager contracted the disease, given that the World Health Organization declared Liberia free of Ebola on May 9.
- Punjab mulls slashing attendance to 50pc for students under 12 years: ...12:19 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s NSA Moeed Yusuf to visit Afghanistan to discuss ...11:49 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran to launch Pakistan Digital City Technology Zone in Haripur ...11:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Aima Baig confronts man who flashed middle finger at her in Lahore ...10:46 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- 'It was a difficult time for us, especially Zara!' Asad Siddiqui ...10:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Anushka Sharma pens emotional note for Virat Kohli as he steps down ...06:13 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021