Ebola reappears in Liberia seven days after WHO declares it disease free
MONROVIA (Web Desk) - More than seven weeks after Liberia was declared free of Ebola, a young man was found dead of the disease, according to Liberia's deputy health minister.
Authorities are trying to determine how many people the 17-year-old boy had contact with during the week he was sick and potentially infectious with Ebola. His mother, father and siblings are already under quarantine in their home, said Tolbert Nyenswah, who heads up Liberia's Ebola response.
Nyenswah said there was no need for panic and fear, reported CNN.
The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has a rapid response team on the ground "investigating the circumstances around the case," said CDC spokesman.
It's not clear how the teenager contracted the disease, given that the World Health Organization declared Liberia free of Ebola on May 9.
- Pakistan increases pensions of national cricketers by Rs100,00009:34 AM | 20 May, 2022
- FM Bilawal Bhutto defends ex-PM Imran’s Russia visit in US09:23 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan’s ex-foreign minister Sardar Asif Ahmad dies in Lahore09:00 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in #Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:26 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 20 May 202208:10 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022