World Cup 2019, Live Score: West Indies defeat Afghanistan by 23 runs
LEEDS - West Indies defeated Afghanistan by 3 runs in the ICC World Cup 2019 match at Headingley on Thursday (today).
Windies won the toss and opted to bat first against Afghanistan and posted 312 runs in 50 overs.
Shai Hope scored 77 runs while Nicholas Pooran contributed 58 runs; Dawlat Zadran took 2 wickets.
In response, Afghanistan were able to score 299 runs in 50 overs as Ikam Ali Khil scored 86 runs while Rahmat Shah scored 62 runs.
On the other hand, Carlos Braithwaite took 4 wickets while Kemar Roach sent three players to the pavilion; gayle took one wicket.
Two changes for both Afghanistan and West Indies.
Evin Lewis and Kemar Roach replace Sunil Ambris and Shannon Gabriel for the #MenInMaroon!
— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) July 4, 2019
Both West Indies and Afghanistan have been eliminated from the World Cup.
West Indies: Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Shai Hope (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Jason Holder (c), Carlos Brathwaite, Fabian Allen, Sheldon Cottrell, Kemar Roach, Oshane Thomas
Afghanistan: Rahmat Shah, Gulbadin Naib (c), Asghar Afghan, Mohammad Nabi, Samiullah Shinwari, Najibullah Zadran, Ikram Alikhil (wk), Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Sayed Shirzad, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Petition filed by woman to halt the finale of Mere Paas Tum Ho11:46 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019