At least 40 students, staff hurt in knife attack at school in China
BEIJING – At least 40 people got injured in knife attack at school in South China.
Local authorities said that the incident occurred after a 50-year-old guard staged a stabbing attack on employees and students of a school in China's south Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
According to a statement of the government of the Cangwu County, the attack took place at about 8:30 am local time (20:30 GMT on Wednesday) at a Primary school.
Three people were said to be in critical condition, including the school director.
Police managed to detain the attacker but the motives behind the attack remained unknown.
Schools in various Chinese cities started to resume teaching after the government eased restrictions in lockdown due to novel coronavirus cases.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa, wife recover from coronavirus01:17 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nescafe Basement’s Xulfi accused of sexual harassment11:02 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021