At least 40 students, staff hurt in knife attack at school in China
BEIJING – At least 40 people got injured in knife attack at school in South China.
Local authorities said that the incident occurred after a 50-year-old guard staged a stabbing attack on employees and students of a school in China's south Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
According to a statement of the government of the Cangwu County, the attack took place at about 8:30 am local time (20:30 GMT on Wednesday) at a Primary school.
Three people were said to be in critical condition, including the school director.
Police managed to detain the attacker but the motives behind the attack remained unknown.
Schools in various Chinese cities started to resume teaching after the government eased restrictions in lockdown due to novel coronavirus cases.
- Smart lockdown lifted in seven localities of Lahore as coronavirus ...12:57 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Met forecasts very hot, humid weather in most parts of country11:42 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown imposed in seven UCs in Karachi till July 1811:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 225,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,619 confirmed ...09:47 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020