India’s defence secretary contracts coronavirus
NEW DELHI – As India has seen record cases following ease in lockdown, Indian defence secretary Ajay Kumar has become the first top government official to contract the novel coronavirus.
Kumar, according to reports in Indian media, had come into contact with around 30 people, who have been asked to adopt self-isolation as a precautionary measure.
The Times of India reported that Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also did not attend his office on Wednesday and he has not gone into self-quarantine.
Another media outlet said that contact tracing was underway to identify the persons who have met the top bureaucrat.
It confirmed that the Indian chief of defence staff and the three services chief had not met Kumar in the last four days.
The total number of coronavirus cases in India has reached 219,311 while at least 6,130 people have lost their lives.
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Two injured after two trains collide near Rahim Yar Khan07:37 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020