India’s defence secretary contracts coronavirus
NEW DELHI – As India has seen record cases following ease in lockdown, Indian defence secretary Ajay Kumar has become the first top government official to contract the novel coronavirus.
Kumar, according to reports in Indian media, had come into contact with around 30 people, who have been asked to adopt self-isolation as a precautionary measure.
The Times of India reported that Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also did not attend his office on Wednesday and he has not gone into self-quarantine.
Another media outlet said that contact tracing was underway to identify the persons who have met the top bureaucrat.
It confirmed that the Indian chief of defence staff and the three services chief had not met Kumar in the last four days.
The total number of coronavirus cases in India has reached 219,311 while at least 6,130 people have lost their lives.
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s resolute support for Kashmiris on ...10:46 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nation observes Youm-e-Istehsal today to mark 2 years of military ...10:16 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021