Punjab Governor Chaudhry Sarwar signs Local Govt Bill 2019
The Radio Pakistan reports on Saturday that the new municipal system consists of two categories that include municipal and mohalla councils in urban areas, while tehsil and village councils in rural areas.
In a statement in Lahore today (Saturday), the governor said that in the New Local Bodies System, transfer of power has been ensured to grassroots level.
He added that people were being empowered in line with the vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Chaudhry Sarwar said that public representatives will be truly empowered in New Local Bodies System.
- London-bound flight makes emergency landing in Islamabad08:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, China agree on early launch of much-awaited ML-1 project08:26 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan tests Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drone in latest air exercise07:49 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Will Hareem Shah be arrested on arrival in Pakistan?06:40 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- 'Gangster Paradise' rapper Coolio dies at 5905:21 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022