Punjab Governor Chaudhry Sarwar signs Local Govt Bill 2019
The Radio Pakistan reports on Saturday that the new municipal system consists of two categories that include municipal and mohalla councils in urban areas, while tehsil and village councils in rural areas.
In a statement in Lahore today (Saturday), the governor said that in the New Local Bodies System, transfer of power has been ensured to grassroots level.
He added that people were being empowered in line with the vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Chaudhry Sarwar said that public representatives will be truly empowered in New Local Bodies System.
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021