COVID-19: SBP not to issue fresh notes for Eid-ul-Fitr 2020
KARACHI - The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has announced that it will not issue fresh notes on Eid-ul-Fitr to stop the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
According to a notification, issued by SBP on Monday, said the central bank's management has taken multiple precautionary measures to ensure social distancing and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
"Accordingly, the Bank's COVID-19 committee chaired by DG (Banking & FMRM) in its meeting held on April 29, 2020, has decided NOT to issue fresh notes to the general public and employee and Its subsidiaries on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr 2020."
"All Chief Managers are advised to disseminate these instructions to all concerned officials for information and meticulous compliance," the statement added.
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020