COVID-19: SBP not to issue fresh notes for Eid-ul-Fitr 2020
KARACHI - The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has announced that it will not issue fresh notes on Eid-ul-Fitr to stop the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
According to a notification, issued by SBP on Monday, said the central bank's management has taken multiple precautionary measures to ensure social distancing and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
"Accordingly, the Bank's COVID-19 committee chaired by DG (Banking & FMRM) in its meeting held on April 29, 2020, has decided NOT to issue fresh notes to the general public and employee and Its subsidiaries on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr 2020."
"All Chief Managers are advised to disseminate these instructions to all concerned officials for information and meticulous compliance," the statement added.
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #JusticeForKainat: AJK student found dead in Islamabad11:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020