Shah Rukh Khan to return his awards in protest against 'religious intolerance'
"Yes, as a symbolic gesture I would give it up," he said. Shah Rukh made these comments during a Twitter townhall with a leading journalist on November 01.
Furthermore, Shah Rukh made a strong statement on the issue saying, "I do think there is intolerance. There is extreme intolerance."
While many leading Bollywood celebrities including Vidya Balan have refused to return their awards, King Khan clarified that he is not against the idea. He said that he can follow in the footsteps of people who returned their national awards in the recent past.
Talking about communalism in India, Shah Rukh said that the biggest mistake a patriot can make is to go against secularism in India.
"No one can question my patriotism. How dare anyone?" he said while talking about his life as a Muslim in India.
Shah Rukh Khan is the reigning king of Bollywood. Apart from providing entertainment to his fans, he is known for making his opinion count and this occasion was no different.
- Top Rawalpindi administration removed over Murree tragedy07:10 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- UK man who advertised himself on matrimonial billboards gives an ...06:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- PSL 2022 – NCOC lowers crowd capacity to 25% amid Omicron spike06:05 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- CPEC pace satisfactory, Chinese ambassador tells Pakistan Army chief05:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Xulfi accused of plagiarising Coke Studio’s ‘Tu Jhoom’ melody05:00 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Saba Qamar and Ahsan Khan pair up for an upcoming project04:42 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021