65th death anniversary of Saadat Hasan Manto being observed
Manto is acknowledged as one of the finest 20th century Urdu writers.
LAHORE - Death anniversary of renowned Pakistani writer, playwright and author Saadat Hasan Manto is being observed on Saturday (today). Manto was born in Ludhiana, British India on 11th May, 1912.
Writing mainly in Urdu language, he produced 22 collections of short stories, a novel, five series of radio plays, three collections of essays, two collections of personal sketches.
His best short stories are held in high esteem by writers and critics. Manto was known to write about the hard truths of the society that no one dared to talk about. He is best known for his stories about the partition of India immediately following independence in 1947.
Some of Manto's publications include Atishpare, Manto Ke Afsane, Dhuan, Badshahat ka Khatimah, Namrud ki Khudai, Manto Ke Behtreen Kahanian and many others.
Saadat Hasan Manto died on January 18, 1955, at the age of 44.
- Tareen, Monis and Bakhtiar family among top beneficiaries of sugar ...12:53 AM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Foodpanda Pakistan provides monetary assistance to their heroes ...10:32 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- OPPO donates Rs6.2 million for Prime Minister COVID-19 Relief Fund10:11 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019