Federal cabinet approves Saudi Arabia’s investment to build oil refineries in Gwadar
ISLAMABAD – The federal cabinet discussed a six-point agenda in a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday.
Minister for Petroleum Ghulam Sarwar and Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry after the meeting has announced that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have agreed to set up a state-of-the-art oil refinery in Gwadar.
The cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia in this regard and the MoU is expected to be signed at the end of this month or beginning of the next month, said Fawad.
The information minister elaborated, "Saudi Arabia will make an investment of Rs30 billion in Pakistan pertaining to the discovery of oil and gas."
Saudi Arabia to become third strategic partner in ... 04:47 PM | 20 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Information and Broadcasting Minister Fawad Chaudhry announced on Thursday that Saudi Arabia would become ...
The Petroleum Minister said Pakistan has also offered several other important projects to Saudi Arabia for investment and the Kingdom has promised to consider these proposals. They include North-South and South-North pipelines and exploration of oil and gas in different parts of the country.
Ghulam Sarwar said the oil-rich Kingdom expressed keen interest in investing in different sectors of Pakistan's economy during the recent visit of Prime Minister Imran Khan to Riyadh.
Pakistan rules out inclusion of Saudi Arabia in ... 09:46 AM | 3 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Planning and Development Khusro Bakhtiar has revealed that Saudi Arabia would not be made part ...
Last month, Pakistan invited Saudi Arabia to invest in projects related to China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), though the government clarified this week that China was still the only true partner.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019