UN chief reiterates concerns over grave situation in Kashmir
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. spokesman said Friday that Secretary-General Antonio Guterres' remains concerned over the grave situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir .
"The secretary-general's position in Kashmir has not changed," Spokesman
Stephane Dujarric said in reply to a question at the regular noon briefing at UN Headquarters in New York.
The UN chief, the spokesman said, has underscored the need for addressing human rights of the Kashmiri people in order to resolve the crisis.
PM Imran apprises UN chief of 'impending ... 11:24 PM | 27 Sep, 2019
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Imran Khan talked to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres on Friday ...
Human rights need to be addressed, and human rights needs to be in the forefront, he added
The remarks came as people are languishing under a tight lockdown, now on its 60th day in the valley.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, during his United Nations General Assembly visit, had met Guterres and emphasized the need to resolve the crisis to save a bloodbath.
The premier warned of an impending genocide in the serene valley whose status was revoked on August 5 by the BJP regime in India through a rush decree.
- Reports of borrowing $10.4 billion during PM Imran's innings ...10:56 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan Army from soldiers to generals well trained, battle hardened ...09:04 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Emma Stone is engaged to Dave McCary06:13 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton sends thank you note to Pakistani designer Maheen Khan05:20 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- UK based publication names Ali Zafar, Bilal Ashraf in ‘sexiest ...02:03 PM | 5 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019