UN chief reiterates concerns over grave situation in Kashmir
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. spokesman said Friday that Secretary-General Antonio Guterres' remains concerned over the grave situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir.
"The secretary-general's position in Kashmir has not changed," Spokesman
Stephane Dujarric said in reply to a question at the regular noon briefing at UN Headquarters in New York.
The UN chief, the spokesman said, has underscored the need for addressing human rights of the Kashmiri people in order to resolve the crisis.
PM Imran apprises UN chief of 'impending ... 11:24 PM | 27 Sep, 2019
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Imran Khan talked to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres on Friday ...
Human rights need to be addressed, and human rights needs to be in the forefront, he added
The remarks came as people are languishing under a tight lockdown, now on its 60th day in the valley.
Prime Minister Imran Khan, during his United Nations General Assembly visit, had met Guterres and emphasized the need to resolve the crisis to save a bloodbath.
The premier warned of an impending genocide in the serene valley whose status was revoked on August 5 by the BJP regime in India through a rush decree.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020