Yemen's Houthis ready for talks if airstrikes halted
Saleh al-Sammad, who was an adviser to President Abed Rabbou Mansour Hadi, said the Yemenis reject the return of Hadi, who escaped to Saudi Arabia after Shiite Houthi fighters edged closer to his southern base of Aden last month.
"We still stand by our position on dialogue and we demand its continuation despite everything that has happened, on the basis of respect and acknowledging the other," Sammad said.
"We have no conditions except a halt to the aggression and sitting on the dialogue table within a specific time period ... and any international or regional parties that have no aggressive positions towards the Yemeni people can oversee the dialogue," Sammad said, without specifying who they might be.
Sammad added that he wanted the dialogue sessions aired to the Yemeni people "so that they can know who is the obstructer."
- First locally transmitted Omicron case reported in Beijing ahead of ...11:15 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- 'It was a difficult time for us, especially Zara!' Asad Siddiqui ...10:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan to open U19 World Cup campaign with match against Zimbabwe09:35 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan asks world to hold India accountable for 'brute use of ...08:55 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- PM aide claims Shehbaz Sharif seeking 'deal for four people'08:15 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Anushka Sharma pens emotional note for Virat Kohli as he steps down ...06:13 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Abida Parveen and Naseebo Lal’s warm interaction ...05:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Hareem Farooq’s latest photos leave fans stunned04:44 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021