"Cleanliness? Unacceptable!" Sindh Police stops Junaid Jamshed and activists from taking the law into their own hands
A large number of people including Islamic preacher Junaid Jamshed have gathered outside the Jamshed Quarters police station to protest against the action. They pledged that they will take the responsibility to clean the city on their own as the authorities have been neglecting their duties.
The metropolis produces around 13,800 tons of garbage daily which is dumped on just two landfill sites of 500 acres each, which is highly insufficient for a city of 22 million people. There are also inadequate machinery and other cleanliness facilities by local authorities.
- Police Martyrs Day: COAS Bajwa pays tribute to cops for their ...01:25 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Authorities remove animals from Afridi's house over neighbour's ...12:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran fields Abdul Qayyum Niazi as party candidate for Azad ...12:16 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Saudi woman uses water bottle caps to set new Guinness World Record11:44 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Danyal Zafar drops hint about getting married soon10:06 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021