"Cleanliness? Unacceptable!" Sindh Police stops Junaid Jamshed and activists from taking the law into their own hands
A large number of people including Islamic preacher Junaid Jamshed have gathered outside the Jamshed Quarters police station to protest against the action. They pledged that they will take the responsibility to clean the city on their own as the authorities have been neglecting their duties.
The metropolis produces around 13,800 tons of garbage daily which is dumped on just two landfill sites of 500 acres each, which is highly insufficient for a city of 22 million people. There are also inadequate machinery and other cleanliness facilities by local authorities.
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:00 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021