Pakistan cuts petrol price by Rs12.63 per litre
ISLAMABAD - In a major relief to inflation-hit public, the federal government Friday announced to decrease petroleum prices by up to Rs12.63 per litre.
Newly-appointed Finance Minister Ishaq Dar made the announcement while addressing a press conference, a couple of days after he vowed to rein in the inflation.
The new prices will come into effect at midnight tonight.
Following the revision in prices, petrol will now be sold at Rs224.80 per litre from October 1.
The price of high-speed diesel has been reduced by Rs12.13 per litre to Rs235.30 while the new price of light speed diesel oil is Rs191.83 after a decrease of Rs10.19/litre.
Furthermore, the finance minister has announced one-month extension in the date of filing the tax returns.
Ishaq Dar sworn in as Pakistan's new Finance ... 09:49 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
Ruling party Senator Ishaq Dar has sworn in as Finance Minister on Wednesday at Aiwan-e-Sadar, around five years after ...
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Lahore reports over 900 child kidnapping cases in 202207:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Watch: Uninvited MBA student forced to do the dishes at Indian ...06:51 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Indian singer Aastha Gill performs 'Pasoori' with a young kid05:53 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan drops hint about her upcoming project04:35 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022