'Article 62, 63 only apply to parliamentarians', Zulfi Bukari submits reply in disqualification case
ISLAMABAD - Zulfikar Bukhari, the special assistant to PM on overseas Pakistanis and human resource development, on Wednesday submitted his reply in the Supreme Court on a disqualification petition against him.
The apex court is also set to hear the petition filed by Muhammad Ali Chattah and Mirza Abul Moiz Baig seeking disqualification of the special assistant on the basis of his dual nationality today.
Bukhari contended that Article 62 and 63 of the constitution is not applicable in this case since he was not a parliamentarian.
In his reply, he said: “I am not a member of the Parliament and Articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution only apply to parliamentarians.”
He added ,“I was born in Britain and did not seek citizenship after. I am advising the premier on issues of overseas Pakistanis.”
“If advice can be sought from international institutions then why not from dual nationals?” he questioned.
Requesting the court to reject the petition, Bukhari asserted that the prime minister has the authority to appoint special advisers.
On September 17, Khan had appointed Bukhari as his special assistant, inviting criticism from the opposition due to his dual nationality.
Earlier, the Registrar office of the apex court had rejected the disqualification petition citing objections. The petitioners later challenged the objections and the chief justice admitted their plea for hearing.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020