Fire at Karachi East DC’s office destroys financial records, damages building
KARACHI – A fire broke out in the record room of the office of the district commissioner of Karachi East on Friday.
The district commissioner office is located on the first floor of Gulshan-e-Iqbal's Civic Centre.
As per the details, the important documents and record of residents' domiciles and PRCs (permanent resident certificates) were burnt to ashes in the fire.
According to the workers, the fire suddenly erupted when all of the employees were outside the office. "The burnt records were very old," he added.
The fire was doused after several hours and two water tankers were called in. Firefighters said it has not yet been determined if the fire was set deliberately or if it was an accident.
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan approves first COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use07:07 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani man killed wife, infant daughter and slept on the same bed ...06:25 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Arnab Goswami celebrated Pulwama attack 'like crazy', had prior info ...06:04 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Zayn Malik croons Muhammad Rafi’s ‘Chaudhvin ka chand’ in new ...03:15 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021