Nestlé on the forefront of reducing pollution in Pakistan
We are going towards destabilized climate, depleted oceans and rivers, degraded land and empty forests, all stripped of biodiversity, the web of life that sustains us all is slowly fading away. We as a nation have failed to take care of the blissful mother nature that surrounds us all. Amidst the wrongs we see today regarding climate change, pollution and deforestation, it is admirable to see efforts being made to counter the chaos going around. Under their global initiative ‘Nestlé Cares’, volunteers from Nestlé Pakistan recently came together at Sea View Karachi to clean the beach. Volunteers removed waste and non-bio degradable materials littered on the shoreline.
Nestlé Pakistan realizes that there cannot be a healthy, happy and prosperous nation if we don’t address the issue at hand, Nestlé has always worked towards uplifting the local community of Pakistan . Taking many key initiatives to address various environmental issues and raised awareness amongst the society to protect the environment for the future. Nestlé has always encouraged its employees under its Employee Volunteer Program (EVP) to work with local communities and contribute towards their development. Initiatives like a country-wide tree plantation and cleanliness drive earlier this year are part of their commitment to contribute towards the vision of a ‘Clean & Green Pakistan’.
Activities stated above aim to generate awareness among people while urging them to take a pledge to keep the environment clean in wake of the dangers that such waste and pollution poses. Employees of Nestlé Pakistan have taken upon themselves to do their bit for a waste-free future.
Over 150 volunteers including representatives from National Forum for Environment & Health (NFEH) and Consumer Association of Pakistan (CAP) have joined hands as responsible citizens of the world to clear the bay and beyond.
Oceans have been the main dumping sites for pollutants for several decades. From pesticides, herbicides, to chemical fertilizers, detergents, oil, sewage, plastics, and other solids, everything is proliferated into the oceans without much thought causing major harm the environment and its inhabitants in the most incomprehensible of ways. Around 5 trillion pieces of plastic float in our oceans worldwide and experts say that any plastic ever created is still on earth in one way or the other.
Cleaning beaches at Sea View Karachi to pick trash and clear the beach has successfully created awareness related to the hazards of plastic waste to the delicate marine life and the water reserves in oceans. The drive is determined to create a waste-free future especially eradicating the unnecessary plastic waste from our cities and beaches. Nestlé has partnered with local NGOs and government bodies to help protect the environment. Taking the opportunity of World Oceans Day to promote a clean and green Karachi and to educate locals to help reduce the plastic waste and preserve the marine life, while saving the beauty of Sea View Beach, the organization has surely set a benchmark that many need to follow for a waste-free Pakistan .
We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect – Aldo Leopold.
- Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident06:32 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian PM Modi's war-mongering remarks06:10 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards04:39 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Of the Sellers of Gender Stereotypes04:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- TDAP participating in Argentina textile fair in April03:42 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019