Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients
KARACHI – Sindh Governor Imran Ismail on Friday donated his blood plasma for the treatment of coronavirus patients days after he recovered from the infection.
Senior hematologist at the National Insitute of Blood Disease & Bone Marrow Transplantation supervised the donation process.
The governor had earlier announced to donate plasma following his recovery from the infection.
In a tweet, he said: “I donated Plasma today, it was easy, no weakness or difficulty donating. It’s is our duty to save lives, Allah has given us opportunity. All those who r recovered from Covid must donate plasma”.
I donated Plasma today, it was easy, no weakness or difficulty donating. It’s is our duty to save lives, Allah has given us opportunity. All those who r recovered from Covid must donate plasma. Thanks to Dr.Shamsi @62Shamsi pic.twitter.com/isPK1oEEpU— Imran Ismail (@ImranIsmailPTI) June 5, 2020
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 89,249, according to government data till Friday morning.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 1,838, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 31,198 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 607, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 575 and 500 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has recorded 51 deaths; Islamabad, 38; Gilgit Baltistan, 12; and Azad Kashmir, 7.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020