Liberia releases last Ebola patient
It is the first time such a milestone has been reached since May 2014.
But officials of the WHO say there have been 132 new cases in Guinea and Sierra Leone in the week to March 1.
They have warned that populations are so mobile in the area and this could easily lead to fresh outbreaks in Liberia.
In their latest assessment of the epidemic, WHO warned that disease surveillance may not be optimal in Liberia because of the low number of samples.
They say some communities are still resisting pleas to bring infected family members to treatment centres.
Ebola is still far from being eradicated from Sierra Leone, which recorded 81 new cases, including 26 in the capital Freetown.
- Pakistan to start Covid-19 vaccination from next week: NCOC chief10:35 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Karachi court awards death penalty to man for raping daughter’s ...10:06 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,910 new infections, 64 deaths in 24 hours09:25 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 January 202108:45 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021