Two killed, 20 injured as residential building collapses in Karachi
KARACHI - At least three people including a woman were killed and 20 others injured after a four-storey residential building collapsed in Rizvia society, an area in the metropolitan, on Thursday.
A rescue operation is underway to recover persons trapped under the rubble of the building, which was constructed three years ago. Local residents are also assisting the officials.
Rescues officials are facing hurdles in the operation as the building is located in the populous area.
According to police, the builder was constructing the fifth floor of the building due to which it caved in. They further stated a number of people are still suspected to be trapped under the rubble.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister of Sindh (CM) Murad Ali Shah has taken notice of the incident and sought a report from the authorities.
One of the deceased has been identified while injured has been shifted to nearby hospitals for treatment.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020