‘Twilight’ prequel book is in the works
LOS ANGELES - Author Stephenie Meyer thrilled fans of her best-selling “Twilight” novels on Monday by announcing she will release a prequel that explores the characters’ love story from the perspective of vampire Edward Cullen.
Called “Midnight Sun,” the new book will chronicle Cullen’s past and the time he first meets Bella Swan, a human high school classmate who later becomes his wife. Earlier instalments have been told from Bella’s point of view.
The story “takes on a new and decidedly dark twist” in the upcoming book, publisher Little, Brown and Company said in a description on its website. Meyer’s original four “Twilight” books sold more than 100 million copies. They were adapted into a blockbuster film series released by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp starting in 2008 that starred Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
On ABC’s “Good Morning America” show, Meyer said she hoped the book would be a welcome distraction from the global COVID-19 pandemic.
“It’s a crazy time right now, and I wasn’t sure if this was the right time to put this book out, but some of you have been waiting for just so, so long. It didn’t seem fair to make you wait anymore.”
“Twilight” became a trending topic on Twitter on Monday.
“I’m ready for the hard-hitting teenage heartbreak all over again … I think,” wrote Twitter user @theartsyreader1. “What am I saying, I’m FREAKIN’ EXCITED.”
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020