Younis, Shafiq, Yasir drop in ICC Test rankings after Sharjah match defeat
The greenshirts have lost a rare chance to whitewash West Indies in all three formats after they lost the third and final match of the test series by five wickets. "The hosts had outclassed the Caribbean side in Twenty20 and ODI series by 3-0, while won the test series 2-1", reported ARY.
Steve Smith of Australia leads the batsmen’s rankings in tests followed by Hashim Amla of South Africa and Kane Williamson of New Zealand.
Younis Khan, who scored 51 runs in the two innings of the test, slipped three places down to fifth position whereas Asad Shafiq, who scored a pair in the test match, could not retain in the top 15 as he slipped from 11th to 17th place.
Meanwhile, skipper Misbah-ul-Haq retained his 10th spot in the batsmen’s ranking.
India’s Ravi Ashwin is at top of the bowler’s rankings. South African bowling spearhead Dale Steyn is at second place while James Anderson of England holds third rank.
Pakistan spinner Yasir Shah dropped one place to sixth position in the bowler’s rankings.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021