China opposes deployment of US THAAD anti-missile system in South Korea
This was stated by Chinese President Xi Jinping during a meeting with his South Korean counterpart Park Geun-hye in Hangzhou.
He said that mishandling of the issue is not conducive way to strategic stability in the region and could intensify disputes further escalating the situation.
President Xi said that Beijing fear the system's radar will also be able to track its military capabilities in the region.
Meanwhile, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping met on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Hangzhou.
During the meeting, Chinese President said we ought to respect and give consideration to each other's concerns, and use constructive methods to handle disputes.
Modi also raised the issue of China's opposition to India's membership of the elite Nuclear Suppliers Group.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Primary schools in Sindh to open from Monday09:17 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021