North Korea fires three ballistic missiles into Japan's air defence zone
According to media reports, the medium-range missiles were fired from the Hwangju region near North Korea's capital city of Pyongyang.
At least one of the missiles flew some 1,000 km and hit Japan's air defence identification systems.
Japanese defence officiclas said that they were analyzing the newly prevailing situation and consider the North Korean action a serious threat to the security of the region.
The missile launch came just hours after a meeting between Chinese President Xi Jinping and his South Korean counterpart Park Geun-hye and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on the sidelines of the ongoing G-20 summit in China.
During the meeting, President Xi said that China considers deployement of the US THAAD anti-missile system – which originally aims to counter North Korea – in South Korea a threat to its security in the region.
The leaders, however, reaffirmed their commitment to denuclearisation of the Korean pannisuala for regional stability.
- Pakistan will ‘absolutely not’ hand its bases to US: PM Imran ...11:39 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:00 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021