Imran Khan's ex-wife Reham Khan leaves Pakistan after 'receiving threats'
ISLAMABAD - Reham Khan, former wife of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan, has reportedly left Pakistan because of threats, a day after she announced to break silence on 'certain matters'.
According to a private news channel, the anchor-turned-politician flew abroad on Sunday after receiving threats on phone calls made to her staff.
Reham Khan also confirmed to a media outlet that one of her foundation's staffer received threats for working with her. She also shared an audio recording of the threatening call.
She did not disclose the reasons behind the episode, but informed the news channel that she was being threatened since September last year.
Reham Khan said that she was mentally upset as she had to discontinue the education of her daughter in Pakistan due to the threats, adding that she did not have support from any political party.
Her decision to leave the country came after she gave an interview to India TV from Islamabad, in which she spoke about ex-husband, Imran Khan’s latest wedding.
She said, “Maybe he has some obligations, or maybe he thinks the time right now isn’t suitable for him to announce his marriage publicly”.
Talking about her marriage with PTI chief, she said while talking to India TV that it was beyond her understanding why Imran had told anyone about their marriage for two months. She said that the marriage date was January 8, 2015 but the two tied the knot on October 31, 2014".
She also lamented the decision of the Supreme Court in a case regarding Imran Khan, stating, “how can the highest court of law label [Imran] sadiq and ameen?” She said the apex court's observation that her former spouse has a ‘kind heart’, does not match with his character.
Reham Khan also vowed to "reveal" several issues.
Talking about Reham's move to leave the country, a journalist on his Twitter handle described himself as being "sad and shocked". He claimed that Reham Khan "had to leave the country in an environment of intimidation and harassment. Shame on those responsible for creating toxic environment against her".
Sad and shocked to find out that @RehamKhan1 had to leave the country in an environment of intimidation and harassment. Shame on those responsible for creating toxic environment against her.— Murtaza Solangi (@murtazasolangi) February 5, 2018
In response to Murtaza Solangi's tweet, the social media users said:
kiya harras kiya hai usko itni sincere hoti toh yeh kaam na krti kai itna popular leader jis ko SC nai sadiq aur ameen kaha hai woh india mai usko jhota keh rahi hai shame on u sir jo apna heroes ki insult ko peechay ker kai aik unknown aurat ko imp dai rahay ho— Amna asad (@amnaasad1984) February 5, 2018
Peope of "naya Pakistan" have zero tolerance. Whenever someone shows them mirror they go berserk instead of making their face look good.— Kamran Kiani (@kianikamran1) February 5, 2018
This is sad but no more sympathy for her now,she was inviting this for a long time. No one but she herself is responsible for getting this hate by threatening and mud slinging IK. And this reaction of Imran Khan’s fans was exactly expected from the day1.— KeepCalm&TrustPM ImranKhan (@Doctor_Sahiba) February 5, 2018
- Pakistan unanimously elected as President of UNESCO's Education ...10:11 AM | 15 Nov, 2019
- Pakistan elected as Chairperson of UN Convention on Certain ...08:44 AM | 15 Nov, 2019
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019