TTP militant planning attack on security officials arrested in Karachi
KARACHI – The Counter Terrorism Department has arrested a proclaimed terrorist belonging to the banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan on Saturday.
A CTD spokesperson said that Zakirullah alias Shafiullah was arrested in a successful operation conducted by the police and Sindh Rangers.
The detained suspect, who hails from Bajaur, had received training from Afghanistan and he was also part of Daesh, an outlawed organization.
In 2011, Zakirullah had killed an officer of in Bajaur and had injured another one. During the attack, two of his accomplices were killed by forces.
He had also smuggled over 60 rocket launchers to Afghanistan from Mohmand in 2011.
A statement by the CTD said that Zakirullah was planning attacks on multiple security officials in Karachi.
- Dollar hits historic high at Rs173 in interbank market12:23 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Pakistan to face West Indies in warm-up match today11:49 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates daughter marries Muslim millionaire Nayel Nassar11:33 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani student invents ‘smart shoes’ to improve lives of ...11:01 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Tarin appointed as PM Imran’s aide on finance and revenue10:28 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021