China becomes top destination for Pakistani students
The number of Pakistan students studying science and technology, engineering, medical, media, and arts in different cities of China has increased manifold along with the progress of energy, communication and infrastructure projects being completed under China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
The Chinese government is providing more scholarships to Pakistani students than the students of other Asian countries.
Pakistani students belonging to almost all parts of the country are taking advantage of scholarships offered by Chinese government under the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), according to some educationists.
China’s Shenzhou Aerospace Institute enrolls ... 09:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2018
BEIJING - For the first time, China’s aerospace institute has enrolled students from different countries including ...
Pakistani students are not just coming for the affordable education and job prospects but also for the general experience and quality of life possible in China’s big cities, Global Times while quoting an official of the ministry of education reported.
Domestic efforts combined with the attractiveness of studying in China have changed the mindset of Pakistan’s young generation.
Traditionally, those who could afford it would send their children to the UK or the US. But, now, Pakistanis from the upper and lower middle classes apply for scholarships to study in China.
“The percentage of Pakistani students going to China to study is on the rise, while the percentage of those who seek Western education is lowered,” Syed Junaid Akbar, a Pakistani business school student at North China Electric Power University, said.
According to the statistics from the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China, as many as 489,200 students from 204 countries and regions studied in 935 higher institutions across China last year.
Pakistanis open hearts for Chinese while Beijing ... 07:04 PM | 10 Dec, 2017
With most lucrative and low-risk opportunities, Pakistan has just started to turn the global investors on. The South ...
The top five source countries were Pakistan, South Korea, Thailand, the United States and India.
The number of students studying liberal arts subjects remained the highest, accounting for 48.45 percent of the total.
The number of those studying engineering, management, science, art and agriculture increased significantly, with a year-on-year growth of over 20 percent.
Moreover, 58,600 Chinese government scholarship students from 180 countries including Pakistan studied in the country in 2017, accounting for 11.97 percent.–Agencies
- Snow leopard rescued after falling from cliff in Chitral08:29 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Saudi Arabia, Pakistan to promote cooperation in Customs, Tax fields08:00 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Islamabad United bat first against Peshawar ...07:24 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- “Work together or come have more tea,” Asad Umar to India on ...06:22 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Agha Ali advises Alizeh Shah to be more concerned about her acting ...03:45 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Khel Khel Mein – Sajal Aly and Bilal Abbas team up for first time ...02:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021