PML-Q challenges NAB chief's powers in LHC
LAHORE - Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid e Azam (PML-Q) leaders, including Speaker Punjab Assembly Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, filed a petition in Lahore High Court (LHC) challenging the powers of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman.
PML-Q chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and Elahi in the petition said that the NAB has turned into a political institution as it is being used for political victimisations.
They added that various courts have raised objection over the NAB’s investigation process and its role.
Chaudhry brothers, who are facing NAB inquries, said that the anti-graft buster has ordered to reinvestigate a 19 years old case against them.
Calling it a political revenge, the PML-Q leaders has urged the court to declare NAB’s move to reopen the case regarding assets beyond means illegal.
According to local media, the investigation against Ch Pervaiz Elahi was being made on his tenure as a provincial minister for local bodies in '80s for misusing his power for making 38 appointments, while the investigation against Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain pertained to accumulating assets beyond known sources of income.
- Saheefa Jabbar criticises Ramadan transmissions amid rise in Covid ...02:57 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 1.2m doses of British vaccine AstraZeneca arrive in Pakistan02:32 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Govt to challenge LHC decision of removing Shehbaz’s name from ...01:57 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Kangana Ranaut tests positive for coronavirus10:40 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Meet UAE's most followed social media star - Omar Hassan10:14 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021