PML-Q challenges NAB chief's powers in LHC
LAHORE - Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid e Azam (PML-Q) leaders, including Speaker Punjab Assembly Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, filed a petition in Lahore High Court (LHC) challenging the powers of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman.
PML-Q chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and Elahi in the petition said that the NAB has turned into a political institution as it is being used for political victimisations.
They added that various courts have raised objection over the NAB’s investigation process and its role.
Chaudhry brothers, who are facing NAB inquries, said that the anti-graft buster has ordered to reinvestigate a 19 years old case against them.
Calling it a political revenge, the PML-Q leaders has urged the court to declare NAB’s move to reopen the case regarding assets beyond means illegal.
According to local media, the investigation against Ch Pervaiz Elahi was being made on his tenure as a provincial minister for local bodies in '80s for misusing his power for making 38 appointments, while the investigation against Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain pertained to accumulating assets beyond known sources of income.
- Pakistani pharma giant charters private jet to import COVID-19 drug ...10:25 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan Army spox warns India of befitting response to any military ...09:46 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- PM Imran hails top spy agency’s sacrifices for Pakistan09:00 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- COVID19 – Here’s how PIA will bring back Pakistanis stranded in ...07:47 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Lea Michele apologises after ‘Glee’ co-star Samantha Ware accused ...07:21 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Mahira Khan, Armeena Rana and others demand justice for Zohra Shah05:10 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- I can’t return to Pakistan because people continue to ignore ...12:22 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020