Pakistan allows use of airspace by Canadian plane carrying aid to Covid-hit India
The Pakistani government on Thursday allowed the use of the country’s airspace by a Canadian aircraft carrying medical aid to Covid-19 hit India.
Canada’s High Commissioner to Pakistan Wendy Gilmour took to twitter and expressed gratitude to the Foreign Office of Pakistan for “swift assistance with overflight clearance for humanitarian supplies to relive suffering in India.”
Canada sent relief support, including medicine and ventilators, to India that has been witnessing a record infections and deaths from the Covid-19 pandemic with overcrowded hospitals turning away patients after running out of supplies of medical oxygen and beds.
Thank you @ForeignOfficePk for your swift assistance with overflight clearances for 🇨🇦 humanitarian supplies to relieve suffering in India. #GlobalSolidarity @CanadainIndia @FMPublicDiploPK @CanHCPakistan @Ajaybis https://t.co/b8QVzYylnf— Wendy Gilmour (@gilmour_wendy) May 6, 2021
Last month, as a gesture of solidarity with the people of India in the wake of the current Covid-19 wave, Pakistan offered to provide relief support to New Delhi to deal with the sharp increase in the COVID-19 cases.
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021